Yin & Yang

Yin & Yang
Collage on canvas

Dance

Dance
collage on canvas

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Time flies when your alive

I stole that title from a one man play that was on HBO years ago. I loved the show and always remembered the title. It was done by one of the lesser known actors on "CHiP's" (do you remember that show?) It was about he and his wife and their struggle when she was diagnosed with cancer. He spoke beautifully of her and how in the end she was surrounded by her family.
"Time flies when your alive"....Isn't it true though...it was supposed to be that all these electronics, computers, cell phones, and faster computers were supposed to give us more time, but it feels like we have even less. People are so distracted by all the technological toys, that there is no more silent time for us to think, figure out what we want, what we think. People talk on their cell phones in the car, the store, while they check their email...I really think most people are afraid to be by themselves (myself included). To hear what's going on in their own head. I remember a time when I would walk down the grocery store aisles and not hear a one sided conversation about someones personal life and what their friend thought they should do about it. Or looking at the car next to me on the road where everyone was on their cell phones (the baby had a toy cell phone, of coarse) instead of talking to each other. But hey....they are getting things done....
Well, the reason I started with that quote was because I thought it had been a few months since I had updated my blog....7 months......it's been 7 months...so much has happened since April. A couple hospital trips, lots of tests, more doctors, dislocated hip, an amazing fundraiser, my Mom met Stacy from "What not to Wear" (my favorite show on the planet), on the list & off the list and hopefully back on again soon, art, some art, no art, and starting over....waiting and waiting.
Today, I make the promise to myself to blog more often, it's good therapy to write it down, look back and see how I have been doing. That reminds me, I need to make an appointment with my therapist....it's been too long since I have seen her and she helps me to feel more grounded....I have said it before and I will say it again, I think everyone could use a good therapist!

No comments:

My mind is sometimes overwhelming

My mind is sometimes overwhelming
collage on canvas