Yin & Yang

Yin & Yang
Collage on canvas

Dance

Dance
collage on canvas

Monday, March 17, 2008

5 and 10 years down the road

I have been listening to this book about change from Marianne Williamson and one of the questions she asks is "where do I see my self in 5-10 years." Well I love questions like this because it allows me to make plans for way after my transplant is over and done with and I see myself healthy and energetic.

In 5 years, Gary and I (still being very happily married) will have sold our medical invention that we are currently working on (right now we are looking for people to get our invention patented, designed and marketed) that will help millions of people, not only in the United states, but around the world. Within that 5 years we will have become financially abundant (with both our artistic careers being our full time jobs) we will be able to create a non-profit, that links patients with advocates who will be able to help each person with what they need most (while going through such a difficult time) whether it is help at home, someone to make phone calls, someone to take the patient to appointments and be able to take notes for them, so they can explain things later. My plan is that by this time, medical insurance companies will no longer exist (come-on people, get out there and VOTE!) so I will be touring medical schools doing lectures on the importance of the patient doctor relationship and how to best help the patient living with illness. Teaching doctors that by having a good bedside manner and developing relationships with their patients, will not only be healthier for the patient but also for the doctor (because by separating themselves from being human and only dealing with the patient as the disease, causes the doctors and nurses more stress, because they are going AGAINST the nature of their Spirit).

In 10 years Gary will be 66 and I will be 49, so I hope we will be doing a lot of world travel, museums, and such....but also more philanthropy work around the world.

1 comment:

megasam said...

I cannot believe I found your blog. My husband suffers from crohn's disease and PSC. I was so devestated after the PSC diagnosis two years ago. Today we got a phone call from the doctor that his liver numbers are all out of whack and we noticed that his eyes are yellow. I hate this disease I am scared for me, him and our two daughters. I didn't think I would be able to find a blog like this. I am really hoping that it is okay to follow your journey and maybe be inspired by you so that I am not as scared.
Jaime

My mind is sometimes overwhelming

My mind is sometimes overwhelming
collage on canvas