Yin & Yang

Yin & Yang
Collage on canvas

Dance

Dance
collage on canvas

Sunday, March 9, 2008

Off to the hospital...everything is going to be OK

Well, it's Sunday night....tomorrow I am headed to UC Davis for a "procedure". Should be pretty straight forward. They are going in through my side into my live-r (I think I'll start spelling it that way from now on) live-r, live-r, live-r...yeah, that's better. Anyways, I better get back on track or you guys will be board (Sp?) and not make it to the end of this post. So, in through my side, stick a catheter into my bile duct (to drain out the bile) and find out what is up with all the scar tissue in this one bile duct. I will probably be there over night and come on home Tuesday. They say I am coming home with the catheter in my side, don't really know what that is going to look like or be like, but I guess it will be there for a while to take some of the pressure off my live-r. I am glad it's going to help my live-r , but does that mean I will be the list a lot longer? I hope not...it has almost been 2 years now, when they told me it would take about a year and a half. Really I don't care how long it takes, just as long as it happens before I get too sick. I would be lying if I said I wasn't scared about tomorrow, but I know I am in great hands . So, I try and send some love to all the nurses, doctors and people in th hospital.

All weekend I have been working on a couple of different art pieces, great way to keep my mind distracted and to create something at the same time. But now at 11:51pm, I am winding down. Trying to keep my eyes open as I write and not go off on too many tangents. I want to sleep when my head hits the pillow. I don't want a whole lot of time to think about tomorrow. This is my normal procedure , by the way, before big tests, doctors appointments, or finding out results from big tests. The after it is all over and I am well enough, the post ritual contains a grilled cheeses sandwich or hamburger, fries and a big go' bananas milk shake (chocolate is my 2nd choice or frosty, which ever is closer).

It's midnight now, so nothing to eat or drink until tomorrow after the "procedure" is done....I am starting to fall asleep between sentences, that's a good sign, I think I will try and hit the sack!

So goodnight everyone and thank you all for you wonderful energy and prayers.

I will write again to tell you about all the wonderful people and friends that surround me...

Love & Lot's of Light,
Stacey

No comments:

My mind is sometimes overwhelming

My mind is sometimes overwhelming
collage on canvas